Health conditions are improving and a number of CHS classes are making up for lost time with reunions this summer and fal. See below for what we have so far. If you are planning an alumni event and would like help publicizing it, please send details to Rick Chambers at Rick@CenterEducationFoundation.org
Upcoming events include:
- Class of 1980 - June 10-11 - Friday night will feature a happy hour at the Granfalloon on the Plaza. A dinner at Fontaine will be held on Saturday evening. $100 package price (drinks on Friday are a cash bar). There will also be a tour of Center High School at 11am on Saturday in partnership with the Class of 1971. Make your reservations with Anthony Manzella at firstname.lastname@example.org or 16-509-6914.
Class of 1971 - June 11 - Class of 1971 50th Reunion is Saturday, June 11, 6-11 PM, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 12080 S. Strang Line Road, Olathe. A tour of the High School is scheduled for 11 AM. Please contact Chris Mathews if there are questions: email@example.com
- Class of 1974, 1975, & 1976 - combined reunion on September 30 - October 1. Details to come on class Facebook page.
- Class of 1972 - Saturday, October 8th. Details to come on class Facebook page.
- Homecoming - The annual Homecoming Football game will be held on Friday, September 16th. We hope to be able to hold the annual alumni dinner, tours of the school & museum, and induction of the new members of the Athletic Hall of Fame. Details coming soon.
- Athletic Hall of Fame Inductions - due to restrictions on attendance at games and events this past year, we opted to not do any Hall of Fame inductions until we were able to give the inductees a proper recognition! Plans are in the works to expand the Athletic Hall of Fame to recognize even more outstanding Yellowjacket athletes, coaches, and boosters. Details and opportunities for you to submit nominations will be coming soon.
- Center Museum Reopening - along with so many other things, the Center Museum has been closed during the pandemic. While restrictions are easing, construction work at Center High School will keep us "locked out" until later this summer. The volunteer staff of the museum are eager to get back to work and open to the museum to more visitors. Stay tuned for a reopening event this fall.
- Class of 1967 is starting to plan their 55th reunion for spring, 2022. If you are interested in helping to organize the event, please contact Patricia Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-438-7380.
If you have an upcoming alumni reunion or event, please contact Rick Chambers, 816-863-2254 or email@example.com.