The pandemic has been tough. One of the many losses has been opportunities for Center alumni to gather in-person to reconnect and celebrate accomplishments. Thankfully, conditions are improving and plans are being made to get together once again. If you are planning an alumni event and would like help publicizing it, please send details to Rick Chambers at Rick@CenterEducationFoundation.org
Upcoming events include:
- Homecoming - The annual Homecoming Football game will be held on Friday, October 1st. As usual, the Center Education Foundation will host a FREE Yellowjacket alumni dinner prior to the game. Attendees will be able to enjoy a light meal, tours of the High School and newly reopened Center Museum, and FREE tickets to the football game. More details and opportunities to make reservations will be announced soon.
- Athletic Hall of Fame Inductions - due to restrictions on attendance at games and events this past year, we opted to not do any Hall of Fame inductions until we were able to give the inductees a proper recognition! Plans are in the works to expand the Athletic Hall of Fame to recognize even more outstanding Yellowjacket athletes, coaches, and boosters. Details and opportunities for you to submit nominations will be coming soon.
- Center Museum Reopening - along with so many other things, the Center Museum has been closed during the pandemic. While restrictions are easing, construction work at Center High School will keep us "locked out" until later this summer. The volunteer staff of the museum are eager to get back to work and open to the museum to more visitors. Stay tuned for a reopening event this fall!
- Classes of 2000 and 2001 will have a combined reunion on August 7th. If you are a member of either class and have not received an invitation, check out the Facebook group to let the organizers know.
- Class of 1981 40th Reunion - will meet on Saturday, August 21 from 3 o’clock to 5:00 PM at Barrio Red Bridge 11118 Holmes Road. Click here to RSVP. If you have questions call Melanie White Miller at 816-695-4119.
- Class of 1967 is starting to plan their 50th reunion for spring, 2022. If you are interested in helping to organize the event, please contact Patricia Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-438-7380.
If you have an upcoming alumni reunion or event, please contact Rick Chambers, 816-863-2254 or email@example.com.