The Center Education Foundation was founded in 1999 with the purpose of enhancing educational opportunities for children in the Center School District in South Kansas City, Missouri. The Foundation provides grants to teachers in the District who have requested funds to support projects that extend the educational program provided through the District budget.
The Center School District serves families in the South part of Kansas City, Missouri. Our student population is highly diverse with a significant percentage of students coming from low to middle income families. A fundamental goal of the District is to provide educational opportunities that help our students prepare to be productive citizens in a rapidly changing world.
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of community leaders who share a vision for quality education. The Board meets regularly to review grant requests, provide oversight of Foundation activities and support the funding needs of the Foundation. Current Board members include:
- Chairman - William Gotfredson, J.D.; Law Office of William J Gotfredson, P.C.
- Vice Chairman - Aaron Racine, J.D.; Monaco, Sanders, Racine, Powell & Reidy, CHS GraduaHu
- Ted Beckett, J.D.; Beckett & Hensley, CHS Graduate
- Martha Capehart; Retired Executive Secretary, Center School District
- Alan Farris; Landmark National Bank, CHS Graduate
- The Honorable Lisa White Hardwick, Judge of the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District; CHS Graduate
- John Grossnickle; UMB Bank
- Larry Mattson; Retired Educator
- Kelly Muehlberger; Security 1st Title, CHS Graduate
- Selina Rios; City Year, CHS Graduate
- Rick Sanford; Platinum Realty LLC, CHS Graduate
- Reggie Stockman, J.D.; Stockman Law, CHS Graduate
- Cathy Stoetzer; Husch Blackwell LLP
Dr. Michael Weishaar, Interim Superintendent of Schools, Center School District
Rick Chambers, Executive Director